Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Audit of Fixed Assets: Construction-in-Progress 2

In previous post we discussed on certain matters to take note for the audit of construction-in-progress. We will continue to discuss on the following matters:

c) Billing status and capitalisation status
e) Intended use of construction-in-progress
f) Impairment assessment of construction-in-progress
g) Useful life of this asset upon completion

Explanation of (c) billing status and capitalisation status: it is important to request management to ensure that the amount capitalised per book represents the actual completion status. To illustrate, management may capitalise the construction in progress based on the billing received to date. However, the billing received may not be updated near year-end or supplier may raised the billing earlier than the actual completion status. As a result, it is important for auditor to obtain the budget for the entire project and compare the budget completion status % against the amount capitalised as at year-end for reasonableness.

Explanation on (e) - it is definitely important to understand the intended usage of construction-in-progress for documentation and understand company's strategy

Explanation on (f) - for long standing construction-in-progress that takes prolonged period/ longer than budgeted time to complete is a indication that the company may be experiencing some liquidity issue or the project is abandaoned due to commercial reason.

Explanation of (g) - it is always good to start discussing with client on the useful life of the project upon the completion of construction-in-progress such that there is no surprises at year-end or in the next financial year.

 

3 comments:

  1. Good job in presenting the correct content with the clear explanation. The content looks real with valid information. Good Work.... top ca firms in chennai
    Warehouse Audit
    Customer Reconciliation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was suffered for Human papillomavirus (HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr uza is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr uza, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr uza with the email attach to my post. druzaherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete